Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 98: Dad, Are We There Yet?

It's like the last couple of weeks of pregnancy. Idiots are saying Wow, you're getting so close and Don't worry, it's all worth it or You are 'due' already? That sure went by fast, didn't it? 

Holy Smokes.

It's like driving along in the car on a family road trip. The brothers are teasing the sisters and the sisters are whacking the brothers with the blonde heads of the partially-clad barbies and the mom is making bologna sandwiches in the front seat and the Dad is losing his cool. And then someone says it. Dad, are we there yet?

Good grief.

Even if a renovation is on schedule, which sadly, ours is not quite, the time does not pass quickly for the one doing the dishes in the laundry sink and forgetting to put the washing machine drain hose back in the sink afterwards and then flooding the laundry room while doing actual laundry.

Bummer.

And when I am near the brink of despair, picking wood chips from the dog's hair, something changes. I hear the click of a burner ... a gas burner! I hear running water ... in the kitchen! I hear the beautiful sound of a dishwasher! After twelve months, I have a DISHWASHER!!!!


THE GRANITE
is installed on the prep island! It's spectacular!
THE COOKING/BAKING CENTER
Six burners of happiness flanked by 30 inches of convection happiness!
OOOH!
That is all.

MY WINDOWS
make me happy.
And so does the microwave and dishwasher! 
KITCHEN JEWELRY
Every girl needs a little bling!


 This is exciting! This is exhilarating! And this ...

Wait for it, Wait for it .....

May actually be WORTH IT!



5 comments:

  1. What I really like...the cardboard floors. It really messes up the WHOLE picture. But, I'm loving things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, you should see the cardboard in real life. It really sets off the beauty of the rest of the room.

    But seriously, it's so exciting that you are so close to done. It's seriously awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's AMAZING. I can't wait to see it up close and in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dianne, I lost your blog link and then kind of forgot to ask you for it again....however for me waiting to see the almost finished project is awe inspiring and goose bumplily. I loved your kitchen and especially the bling and I love all things contemporary.. mayaabe we are related some way or share dna or something. Congrats on your excellent vision and your patience and your long suffering husband who has shared all o this with you. What a great cool thing you two have created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Sorry, couldn't help myself. You haven't posted in so long I'm hoping it's because you're enjoying your beautiful kitchen.

    ReplyDelete