Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day Twenty-Two

How time flies when you're sequestered in the back of your house with just The Hub, your Dog and three televisions ...

Note: Well, think about it. All of the time I used to spend vacuuming and dusting and whatnot is now available for other pursuits, i.e. watching television.

Oh, that's not altogether true. I also find myself eating ice cream and napping.

Oh, enough of this gibberish.

The Great Room, it all it's Demolition Glory.
The cement pad is the remnant of the hideous fireplace that "graced" that spot. The interior wall will be demolished next, expanding the room to the outer wall. I am standing in the "kitchen" area. The room itself is about 1200 square feet. I am sad that the adorable fir floors are not salvageable.

The New Staircase Wall! 
We are thrilled to have an interior staircase. Woohoo! 
The Staircase Wall from Outside. 
Yeah, it looks a little funky at the moment. But you get the idea.

Our "Current" Living Room
aka The Guest Room in its previous (and again in its future) life. 

My Laundry Room/Kitchen
and yes, there is also a full-sized refrigerator in there!
Windows and sliding doors are going in this week and that final interior wall is going ... going ... going ... You'll just need to stay tuned!

So, think of me washing dishes in my laundry sink and waking to the sounds of hammering everyday!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a dream come true... kitchens and laundry rooms becoming one and awaking to the sound of construction, lol. At least it is your own house and not your neighbors so you know whenit will be over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited. That is going to be one GREAT room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer, I made a comment yesterday and now it's gone. It was fantastic, of course I don't remember exactly what I said.

    ReplyDelete