Monday, May 7, 2012

Day One!

The day has arrived! After nine months of planning, saving, fretting, dreaming and hoping, the day has arrived!

Note: No, not a baby, silly.

But, The Little House is being reborn!


So, the Demo Fellow came in his great big truck. And the Contractor came with his great big truck. And they went to work.

And they huffed and they puffed and blew the chimney down! Actually, they huffed and they puffed as they whacked the chimney down with big old sledge hammers and the whatnot.

The back porch/deck is no more. My new kitchen/dining/music room wall will take its place on the back edge. And yes, those are my stairs al fresco!

The Contractor advises me that things went great today! Things went swell today! They found no rot, no mold, no asbestos and no dead bodies in the rafters!

This remodeling thing is a cinch.


Heck, yes!

3 comments:

  1. Man, really glad they didn't find my... uh, any dead bodies. Keep us posted, so excited. Would love some video of things getting smashed if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooooooo excited to watch the transformation. I know it's going to be FABULOUS! I want to see what you do with the square yellow bathtub.............

    ReplyDelete