Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day Twenty-Three: The 'Finish' Line, Sort Of.


Not the finish line that one might think because today, I deviate.

Note: Please keep your deviant thoughts to yourself.

Today I deviate from the construction progress report to discuss the actual important stuff: The Finishes! Ah, yes. The Bling! The Bang! The Really Scary Choices because if-people-don't like them-I can't-blame the stupid-previous-owners!

Note: However, I have a theory that if you throw enough money at nearly anything, it will look great. Therefore, things are going swimmingly.

First, the flooring.

Kobra Bamboo Flooring will cover the entire surface of the Great Room. It's actually a bit darker than this sample.
Sort of.



Not My Actual Cabinetry.
But it will be simple and white. And similar. Sort of.
Kitchen Backsplash
The tile will extend to the ceiling above the range top.

The tile wall will sort of look like this.
Sort of.
Alaska Granite will be on my Prep Island. In real life, it's kinda shimmery. Like me. Sort of.
Everest White Quartz on the Eating Island and the remaining countertops.
Yes, I said two islands. I know, I know.


 Yes, it's quite neutral, but worry not. There will be happy, glorious color!

Yellow, anyone?

Heck, yes!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! It's going to look amazing, especially with the huge windows and the sun shinning through. Will the cabinets under the quartz also be white? Can I say, "I'm kinda jealous?" I enjoy the shopping part and then the putting it back together part. See ya soon.

    ReplyDelete