Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day One: The Prequel.

What comes before The Beginning? The Prequel to The Beginning, which somehow, in my excitement to Begin, I neglected the process of explaining The Beginning.

So, long story short, we've spent $$$$ on permits and reports and designs and whatnot. Our little house will endure at least three phases of renovation, with the last occurring sometime after pigs fly, probably. But nevertheless, we've made it this far!
My current 'Great Room' concept with the living/dining/deck. Come on, admit it. That fireplace is ROCKIN'! Not.


My fancy kitchen. What else can I say, really?

My outdoor deck, which I have loved. That's the staircase at the end, which leads to our future game room/man world/guest suite
Our first phase involves punching the back of the house back eight feet to encompass the existing porch area. Doing so encloses an outdoor staircase to the lower floor--yes, I said an outdoor staircase, does that seem odd to you?--and ups the square footage of the house to over 3200 square feet. The emphasis of this first phase is to update plumbing and electrical, expand the great room area and install my new kitchen! Because our house screams The Jetsons, we will stay true to its mid century roots and being it back to its glory, although I doubt it ever had glory, per se. 

A reminder of why we bought this house in the first place! My view, my view!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the prequel, it really did need to be explained. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm so excited for your, END result.

    ReplyDelete